“A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.”
Want to review housekeeping details weekly? Open a maid services franchise.
Admit what you already know: Your meetings are ineffective. Admit what you know. Your people know your/their meetings are ineffective. Admit what you know. Your people check out the minute they walk into their meetings. Admit what you’re afraid to. Your people see you you as an ineffective leader.
Change it all. In one fell swoop. End meeting nightmares. Manage results. Not activity.
Here’s a few ways you can transform anemic meetings into vitally dynamically sessions;
1. Limit meeting time to 3 minutes per attendee.
2. Don’t sit. Stand.
3. Create a meeting culture based on focus, urgency and results.
4. Set expectations.
5. Each attendee express 3 narrow areas of focus. No more.
6. Each attendee states only their weekly Objective + Outcome + Actions Needed.
7. An appointed scribes records per person Actions Needed + Owner + Due By.
8. Meeting over.
9. Back to work.
10. No feelings. No complaining. No wandering. No distraction. No waste. No fat.
Manage results. Not activity. Watch productivity increase. Moral increase. Appreciation increase. Relief increase. Boredom decease. Disengagement decrease.
Change perception. Inspire a culture of performance. Manage results. Not activity.
If your people don’t know what to do, train, retain, improve or remove them.
End meeting nightmares. Manage results. Not activity.