Get Published Today by General Leadership!
We accept works of fiction and non-fiction which feature compelling topics of character, integrity, leadership and courage. If you are planning on submitting your work, please carefully read this page and fill out the form at the bottom.
If you are reading this page, you are an entrepreneur who desires to see your words “in print.” This is no easy feat, but success in the publishing industry can be extremely rewarding and potentially glamorous. There are many publishers out there–and you have a choice–but we believe we offer something more: Compassion and Teamwork.
To put it simply: We take publishing seriously! Our Team of experts will envelope you and your work from the minute you contact us regarding your proposal. WE WILL REVIEW IT and consider it for publication with General Leadership or any one of our many imprints.
That said, you should also know that there are risks involved in publishing. We receive many, many manuscript proposals each year, and only a portion of those proposals result in an actual publication. If you are published, however, the rewards can be extremely worthwhile.
Your manuscript’s success in one of our publishing channels will be successful only if you are willing to contribute considerable effort to secure a winning publication. We are, therefore, a Team!
We are excited to hear more about your proposal and are honored that you would consider us as your publisher.
General Leadership has made a significant commitment to upholding high quality standards in the areas we support and publish. To help us evaluate your proposal, we will require you to share your answers to the following questions in a precise manner–as they will become key selling points in our work together:
- What compelled you to write this book?
- Why do you believe your book would want to be read by someone?
- Is there a particularly timely nature of the subject area?
- What are the specific benefits of your book?
- How do you plan on marketing the book?
Now give us a synopsis and describe the contents of your book in plain English. Be as precise as possible, providing both a general overview and a rundown of subjects treated in detail. Indicate how in-depth your coverage will be.
- Who will be the audience for this title?
Try to avoid falling into the “all things for all people” trap. Specify who will need to read this book, identify industries. Also include information on professional associations, potential courses, and any other items that may help us reach your audience.
If you really want to speed up our process, list other books on the same or related subjects that have been written for the same market. Include all pertinent information (author, title, publisher, date published, price, and number of pages). Then provide a sentence or two to explain how your book is different from (and of course, better than) each.
Describe your ideas about the physical book:
- How many pages do you estimate it being?
- Approximately how many illustrations will be included?
- Can these be black and white, or is color necessary?
- How long will it take you to complete the entire manuscript?
- How is this tied to your business?
- And are there any potential up sells or complimenting products yet?
Share some information about you. Please tell us about yourself. Include a recent resume, if available, as well as a list of professional affiliations. Are you a member of any Associations related to the subject matter of the book?
Ideally, we’d love to see a finished manuscript. So, please include as much material as you have already prepared, including Table of Contents and any Chapters you may have. If pertinent, it’s also a good idea to enclose some illustrations if you can.
Thank you for your time and effort in compiling this information. We hope that the preparation of this proposal has helped you think about your book, and increased your awareness of publishing requirements. We appreciate the opportunity to partner in your success.
For works of fiction, we look for at least 40,000 words and no more than 125,000 words.
Please send your MS Word document and the answers to the above questions via email to us at [email protected] so we can begin the process of getting to know you, reviewing your work, and determining the best course of action for our potential relationship together. We look forward to hearing from you!
Answers To Important Questions You Might Have:
- To be clear, General Leadership is privately operated and is designed to provide leadership perspective and conversation on character and integrity from senior military leaders. Neither The General Leadership Foundation, nor GeneralLeadership.com, operates as a partisan political advocate or activity, nor do our curators and authors participate with the Foundation or site in such capacity. Our collective activities are not directed at the success or failure of a political party, partisan political candidate, campaign, group or cause nor do we solicit or fundraise for such activities.
- The images depicted and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and contributors and do not represent those of any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, the United States Navy, the United States Marine Corps, the United States Coast Guard, or the United States Air Force. The site is not designed, authorized, sanctioned, or affiliated, by or with, any agency of the United States Government, expressly including, but not limited to, the Department of Defense, the United States Army, the United States Navy, the United States Marine Corps, the United States Coast Guard, or the United States Air Force. The opinions of the authors and commentators are theirs and theirs alone.
- The curators and owners of General Leadership do not assume any responsibility for the opinions of posts or comments they did not personally write. Opinions are based upon personal experiences and knowledge. The views of the authors do not necessarily reflect the views of the owners/administrators of General Leadership and remain the intellectual property of the individual author. Additionally, Owners/Administrator/Authors are not responsible for the content of others–especially comments which may be left by readers. Such comments collected from readers are not endorsed, nor is endorsement implied, by the General Leadership Foundation, GeneralLeadership.com, it’s curators or authors. General Leadership does not endorse or denounce authors’ opinions.
- GeneralLeadership.com authors and curators participate as individuals in their personal capacities and act exclusively outside the scope of official positions and in a manner not related to official duties. Furthermore, participation in The General Leadership Foundation is not intended to conflict with official duties of active military members. Disclaimers are made in accordance with 5 C.F.R. § 3601.108(a)-(c).
- Users, readers and visitors accept and agree to this disclaimer in the use of any information accessed in this website.